Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my '01 Tcat has found a new home up in Sask, Canada. Trying to help the guy as much as possible and figured some Achat members have experience with this.

1. What documents are needed for the sled to clear customs?

2. Any recommended shipping companies?

3. What source of funds should I request? I'm thinking money order or certified check, if that's done up there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
There are many threads around that out line the import process, probably even some on this site. I'm not sure if the buyer wants to pay the fees for a broker to import the sled, so he may want to look into picking it up himself in North Dakota. A friend of mine recently bought a new truck from California and had it shipped to ND and went there and drove it the rest of the way home. there is a process at the border that requires specific documentation and documentation submitted to them in advance. Maybe this is something for an episode of Shipping Wars?

A bank draft or post office money order, in US funds, would probably be the best payment option I would think, if you don't take Beaver pelts, or bushels of grain. lol.

Here's a link that may provide some info from Saskatchewan guys. http://www.sasksnowmobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3967

1 - 2 of 2 Posts