Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my sled new, the belt was about a 1/8 above the sheeves, put 26 miles on, now it's 1/8 below. talked to my dealer he said add a shim. so i had to add 2 .030 shims to bring it back up. now i have 0 room for another shim, what happens at 100 miles, will the belt drop more? if it does i might be able to put another shim in but not 2, its full of shims already.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That sounds backwards to me. Aren't you supose to remove shim to bring belt up on sheeves. My belt was to tight and engaging slightly at idle and I had to add a shim to loosen belt a bit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thundercat900 @ Jan 11 2007, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That sounds backwards to me. Aren't you supose to remove shim to bring belt up on sheeves. My belt was to tight and engaging slightly at idle and I had to add a shim to loosen belt a bit.[/b]
with our secondarys you would remove shims to bring the sheeves closer.
dd is different so he's probably right.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIGTWIN900 @ Jan 11 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bought my sled new, the belt was about a 1/8 above the sheeves, put 26 miles on, now it's 1/8 below. talked to my dealer he said add a shim. so i had to add 2 .030 shims to bring it back up. now i have 0 room for another shim, what happens at 100 miles, will the belt drop more? if it does i might be able to put another shim in but not 2, its full of shims already.[/b]
I would try a different belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts