Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Clutch work does not increase torque. Motor work increases torque.
Clutch work will increase your rpm putting you in a better power range to use the torque that you already have

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Clocking the secondary is not going to give you any low end gains, lighting the rollers is only going cause the primary to engage a little quicker.
if you want low end you need to have your primary cut or go the inexpensive way and do the shim mod, you need the belt to drop down into the primary more to gain low end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I'm clocking the secondary in my 2014 mud pro 700 h1, I got it off and notice the factory setting is at B1, according to airdam tutorial info B1 is the lowest setting (16 degrees), and the second highest setting would be A4 (116 degrees), what are you guys setting it at? From the sounds of things you guys are setting them for A4... If I set it for B4 it will be fourth highest at 92 degrees, what are your thoughts, just wanna make sure I don't **** anything up

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've only set them at b4 and I never had any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok perfect, I must been misunderstanding before, wasn't sure if it were set different on the mud pro or not, thanks again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure if I overlooked this over the 13 pages or not lol but here are all the degrees corresponding to the configuration you choose:

B-1--16° stock
A-1--25°
C-1--34°
B-2--38°
A-2--58°
C-2--69°
B-3--70°
A-3--82°
B-4--92° <-- what all the talk is about
C-3--93°
A-4--106°
C-4--120°+

·
Registered
17 Posts
To everyone in this lengthy beautiful post:

Just to clarify a couple things.

I have an 07 650 H1 with 26" swamp fox tires.

Shall I do B3 of B4 hole for this set up?

Also, how much top end loss is expected with either hole?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
is this mod commonly referred to as "re-clocking the secondary"?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Yes it is

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
in any case, is it a worthwhile mod? for example, reclocking the secondary on an otherwise stock utility atv? (lol?)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
one hole counterclockwise looking down at it from the top, right? I think that's what he said.........

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
You might want to search out kymco clutch mods. That is for a cat 650h1

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
yep! good idea sir....

·
Registered
15 Posts
So if what you are saying is true by putting it at B-2 or B 3 it will not fall on the same Ramps as it was on b1? I was going to put mIne on b2 but cannot get it to go back on the same ramps and I have been losing my mind over it. Maybe I will just try b4 since everyone said this is the best on this thread

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I know nothing, never had one apart, but I was under the impression all was the same. yur basicly just making the sping tighter/ stiffer.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clutch

I only have one question...what size is the nut on the secondary clutch, as I have to go buy the right size to remove it, thx
What are the best lightest 28 inch tires to go with and what is this shim mod guys are talking about, is there a pinned mod for it, thx to all that post great and cheap mods,

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
pretty sure you can find your answers using the search function, seeing it has been covered in depth... the 2ndry is a bolt though not a nut like the primary, 17mm I think I remember? or is that the primary????

121 - 140 of 147 Posts