Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did this mod recently to my 2007 650 h1. It made a big difference but there's no way it will lift the front end up like some of you are talking about. Either you guys have other mods done as well or I must have other worn parts that need attention. Everything is stock on mine other than 12" STI HD wheels and 26" ITP Bajacross tires.

What else should I look into for transferring the power to the bottom end. I'd rather have better acceleration than top end. What are my options? I've read a little bit about different rollers or possibly shimming the primary. What's better on the machine?

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
DYNOJET carb kit, exhaust mod or aftermarket pipe, clutch kit or clutch work are some options

·
Registered
62 Posts
Planning on this on my sons 07 650h1 this week, it definitely won't work on my 06 500 auto? What would I need to do for mine to get the same level of upgrade? We're doing the exhaust mod and jetting as well

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
It will but you would have to drill another hole in the hat to add more tension to the spring. Just order a dalton clutch kit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ok anyone that is looking at this, how important is RED loctite on the primary and secondary nuts? Or will other loctite work?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Extremely important. If you read the bottles of loc tite it will tell you what size fasteners each color is rated for it also tells you the temperatures it is rated for. I have read of quite a few people losing their primary due to blue loc tite

·
Registered
261 Posts
Extremely important. If you read the bottles of loc tite it will tell you what size fasteners each color is rated for it also tells you the temperatures it is rated for. I have read of quite a few people losing their primary due to blue loc tite
Ok. I put it together with high temp loctite that's what I had. I was worried though so I will be taking it apart to red loctite it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do you have any video tutorial of this at all?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea I found it after I posted ...thanks though

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, guys, I just bought my '09 700 H1 so I know nothing about the differences between them and the "Mud Pro's" or the V2's. I even read completely thru this thread for my answer first... Will this mod work on the '09 700H1?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Yes it will but I'm not sure what gains it will give you. You have 3.1 gears so it might be you will have to try for yourself.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone did this mod and also shimmed their primary? Or used lighter rollers? Has anyone had a EPI yellow spring or Dalton orange spring already installed on their secondary and did this mod?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Doorfx. I did some searching and it looks like I have the 4.0 gears. Better gears for this mod?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Doorfx. I did some searching and it looks like I have the 4.0 gears. Better gears for this mod?
09 700 has 3.1 gears unless it is a mud pro then it has 4.0 gears

Reactions: fishfeeder

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
You can always jack up the rear,rotate a rear tire 1 complete rotation and count the number of rotations the driveline turns. That way you do not have to rely upon the documentation or finding it even

If it turns 4 turns per tire rotation then you have 4:1 diffs
If it turns 3.6 turns (little over 3 1/2 turns per tire rotation then you have 3.6:1 diffs
If it turns 3.1 turns (little over 3 turns per tire rotation then you have 3.1:1 diffs

Reactions: fishfeeder

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
There is also a tag attached to the side cover bolts that has the gear ratio stamped into it

·
Registered
110 Posts
No it already has a clutch kit from factory ...I found that out on my 650 mp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
No it already has a clutch kit from factory ...I found that out on my 650 mp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really a clutch kit at all.
The only difference in the clutch on your 650MP and a standard 650 clutch is the drive sheave spacer (#0283-291) is a little longer, you get the same results doing the shim mod, you also have 28 gram rollers vs 21 gram that are in the standard 650

101 - 120 of 147 Posts