Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was ice fishing and the lake was full of slush. Up to my knees with snow and slush. Was buning my belt all day. Finally I stopped and the sled would not move just bun the belt. I let it cool down and I changed the belt and got moving again. The belt was still smoking but seemed to get better as I went. One thing I noticed when I was changing my belt was what looked like geal oil inside the secondary when I took the bolt out to open the secondary to change the belt. Is this normal? Is there a seal that is gone? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My dealer is terrible.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is no oil in a secondary. It should be clean, oil free. I have used a little silicone spray over the years but wiped it down good after application. The reason there is no oil is that it would collect dirt/belt debris and cause it to stick.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same experience

I did the same thing. The oil was leaking for a blown top seal in the diamond drive which resulted in the secondary being sprayed with oil. When the dealer open up the drive I had a bearing gone too

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that there can be some oil in there because it acts as a vent for the diamond drive. That is why the bolt is keyed/grooved. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts