Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My secondary clutch bolt wont stay in... lock tight, lock washer nothing its eaten two bolts and idk what to do. I was going to bring it back to my dealer and bitch and demand it be fixed which it will. For 15k I figure I shouldnt have to worry about this ****

Anyone else have this issue.. im sure you have

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Brom.. That's a good one... Sounds like a defect in the jack shaft end to me... maybe your bolt isn't threading all the way down into it.. have you tried a small point screwdriver and compressed air? Maybe you have a build up of crap in there stopping the bolt from bottoming out? Have you tried chasing the threads out with a tap\die?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brom.. That's a good one... Sounds like a defect in the jack shaft end to me... maybe. our bolt isn't threading all the way down into it.. have you tried a small point screwdriver and compressed air? Maybe you have a build up of crap in there stopping the bolt from bottoming out? Have you tried chasing the threads out with a tap\die?
I blew it out and stuff but I really am jot sure how crap would get in there the slefs brand now and has low miles. Could be a bad jack shaft idk im bringing it back to my dealer tho

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's a new one for me. My bolt has always stayed tight in mine and I've had it off several times playing around with it. I would say if you've had a couple bolts loosen up that the jackshaft is f'd. The hole is probably all wollered out and whatever threads are left in there are probably loose/shallow. This would explain why it won't stay tight now, but the first time maybe it wasn't tight enough or just a chitty shaft to start with. I dunno

Let us know what you find out when you take it in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
when i dropped off my sled to dealer on feb 5 the secondary clutch bolt was out and i know i tightened it , because i only changed the belt for the 7th time (1400miles on machine) when i dropped it off .. the mechanic said he has seen this many times before... just another issue cat refuses to address ... get used to it or sell it... my NEW frame of thought on cat now that i am well seasoned with this P>O>S

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
when i dropped off my sled to dealer on feb 5 the secondary clutch bolt was out and i know i tightened it , because i only changed the belt for the 7th time (1400miles on machine) when i dropped it off .. the mechanic said he has seen this many times before... just another issue cat refuses to address ... get used to it or sell it... my NEW frame of thought on cat now that i am well seasoned with this P>O>S
Did he offer any insight as to why it is doing it or how to fix/prevent it? I've had my secondary off 6 or 8 times and my bolt has stayed tight so far. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is happening to mine also. was out in the middle of no where and saw my bushing laying on my running boards. bolt was bent but i forced it back in so i could get back home and brought it to the dealer. They are replacing the the shaft and hopefully the clutch. I think the intitial problem was the Mahnomen dealer didn't torque the bolt in. assuming once it comes loose while riding and that shaft is shot. I'd bring yours in and make them replace it. i know i didn't spend 13k to have to worry about a bolt every time a ride. I bought a new one so i could quit working on them more then i ride them. hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts