Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey guys finally got this video loaded. here i am posting it for you, to show you all what the secondary clutch looks like disassembled, and showing you how to clock it, and understand how to clock it and what it does. in this video i also show you how to put it back together. it is a taste long at 11 mins. sorry. hope it helps any of you that need it!

secondary clutch disassembly clock - YouTube
So does this pertain to the 07 models too, cuz thats a suzuki engine, just wondering if its the same

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm not running bigger tires, i have the quad maxx's on dere, but when i hit the mud it just seems to shift up to early, so i can't get the tires spinin in 4 high, the 4 low is just to low and i eventually get stuck...just need it to stay in lower gear a lil longer, and also it doesn't seems to backshift way to late when going in and out of the corners, thanks...also i was looking at EPI clutching systems, just wondering before i buy one if there are holes already drilled in the secondary...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found the best gains were with airdam stage 1.I tried the dalton clutch kit with yellow spring and 23g rollers and it was ok but when I got my primary machined it was "holy crap".The 400 and 500 Suzuki engine cats don't have holes to reclock.They don't have a helix like in the video.
So will this help it stay in lower gear i take it, and help it backshift better, or is this just for running bigger tires I dunno
cuz all i do is trail riding and when there is an occasional trail side mud pit i attempt it but the machine just bogs down in 4h, then 4L is to low, your Cat is a 07 500 you know what i'm talkin about right?

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the Suzuki style secondary's you can drill new holes to clock the secondary spring a little tighter. An old arctic cat service bulletin for High altitude is attached. You don necessary need to be at a high altitude to get better backshifting and keeping the CVT gear lower longer.
Won't the make it worse due to the fact it will higher the gear and bog it down if quicker in the mud hole?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts