Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
450mi in Quebec and I come home, take the F7 off the trailer and I notice alot of grinding noise coming from the clutch area. After taking off the belt I notice a few small peices of metal, then when I spread the secondary I can see thats where they came from.

Im just glad I didnt get left on the side of the trail!!

New outer sheeve is $120. from my dealer, but he said that he may have used parts for half price.

a few pics:

Mike

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry I cant get the pics up!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the screws fall out of the end cap like this? this happened to me at about 400km's on my 05 F7 last year. It's a know problem and the solution is an alumium cap and blue lock tight. That got me a new secondary on warranty from the dealer last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guys at the shop said the whole unit was junk, new clutch was $300., that was out of the question. So I went on ebay and found one for $99. from Cat Bargins. Has anyone done buisness with these people??? seemed really nice and eager to answer my ?'s.
My new used clutch will be here this week, I will let ya all know if I recomend these guys or not.

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a reverse kit from Cat Bargains. Really nice people, shipped it fast and my kit was brand new with all the parts included....I wouldn't hesitate buying from them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts