Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there seems to be very little info about these carbs on the interweeb ... even the keihin site seems to neglect to even mention the CVK line?? .. is it just my sad search techniques or is info/specs on these carbs just not available ..... I can find sites about street bikes that use some of the CVK line but nothing specific about the CVK 34/36

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
might want to find there tech number and contact them directly, might be able to help you out that way. then you can explain what you machine is doing and get help on which way or what to adjust, from reading your other post. one other thing to consider is one step hotter plug also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 21 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
might want to find there tech number and contact them directly, might be able to help you out that way. then you can explain what you machine is doing and get help on which way or what to adjust, from reading your other post. one other thing to consider is one step hotter plug also.[/b]

Perhaps you're right ...in this age of tech and the weeb and answers "right now" I forget about old ma bell ;) .... the carb does seem to be running better now that I found out the float height was off :) ... would still be nice to have some specs/settings online to call on when needed.

By any chance would there be a weeb site/address to find available plug heat ranges for the 2006 AC 400 :wacko:

·
Registered
496 Posts
hey joe if you need help with that carb let me know i am only 1.5hr away from you. i will come up and help if need be......

Smoke

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smoke @ Jan 21 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey joe if you need help with that carb let me know i am only 1.5hr away from you. i will come up and help if need be......

Smoke[/b]
Thx Smoke, appreciate the offer, I may call on you yet, but I think now that I have found out the float height was off, a few of the other problems seem to be coming around and it is running pretty good, even at cold startup the choke seems to be working properly now :super_happy: . I have a DJ kit coming in tomorrow from JJs and wanted to make sure I was starting from a good idle slow jet base, only to run into more then I expected before I even get the kit :) This is worse then modding my Trans Am ;)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yeah i would recomend getting it good before you put the jet kit in so if something feels/is wrong i would then be the jet kit.
as far as heat range i would run what cat calls for but i DO think that it would be possible to run one colder/hotter than stock. cr7ecm lets say is your plug number, i think (not absoutely sure) but 8 would be hotter and 6 would be a cooler plug.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Could also call a Harley dealership if you're in a pinch. They use the 36 on some of their bikes. Garyb told me about that, and I was subsequently able to get a pilot jet from them (no Cat dealers had the part on hand).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Jan 22 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could also call a Harley dealership if you're in a pinch. They use the 36 on some of their bikes. Garyb told me about that, and I was subsequently able to get a pilot jet from them (no Cat dealers had the part on hand).[/b]

Rockerdude just ordered a thumb screw pilot adjust
from J&P cycles in Iowa, got tired of burning my fingers ... I guess if you look hard enough you can find what ya need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts