·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sea-foam can you buy this stuff in canada if so what stores have it thank you

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Peppy, indeed you can, NAPA stores carry it in Canada ($9.99). The stuff works great, I've been using from day one, 1 can lasts me awhile b/c I don't pour too much in at a time. After application you'll see a lil bit of smoke from exhaust but it will go away, thats just your carb being cleaned from varnish etc. Great product, highly recommend it..!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the heads up hard stuff to find

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I recommend going a bit heavy on the first application if you haven't used it before, just for that little extra "umph" to clean any heavy varnishing. HOwever, if you know your carbs are clean, then just use a little (I use about 1/8 bottle per tank) and my carbs stay perfectly clean.

·
Registered
947 Posts
car quest has it as well, i use it in all my engines

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is no way for it to hurt efi is there? Mine just has bad gas not even 100 miles yet so there should be no varnishing or dirty engine.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
No worries wtih the EFI. It won't hurt it one bit. I use it in my trucks as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Mine just has bad gas not even 100 miles yet so there should be no varnishing or dirty engine.[/b]
I don't know how often you use your quad, but if you let it sit for a long period of time without running it, gas will varnish up quickly nowadays. The gas of yesteryear was very high quality and didn't varnish and degrade as quickly, but the gas at the pumps today is trash.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAK @ Apr 7 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanks guys, it sat for over a month in my garage and was acting up last weekend.[/b]
Gas can easily go bad in a month if stored in small quantities and especially if exposed to the sun.

Jay

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Get some of that Sea Foam in the gas and take 'er out for a rip for a few miles and see what happens. Might not hurt to let it sit overnight as well with it in after you run it and then try it again if it doesn't clean it out at first.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They sell it at Wal-mart too.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I use a half can every fill-up with great results

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I use a half can in the tank of my pickup, but for the wheeler I only put in an ounce or two each tankfull just to keep the varnish from forming in the carbs, of course I use my wheeler lots so it never gets time to varnish when riding it all the time. I've been using the stuff for probably 10 years or more with great results and never a gummed up carb to keep you from riding...

·
Registered
456 Posts
just picked up a new can the other day and seen a warning label on it saying it was not to be used in the 07 or08? diesel motors.Has something to do with the epa I am sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts