Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are other Scats getting for top speeds? I did a few mods and lost some top end. Wondering what others are getting. Running D&D Y pipe, 1.5* key and a Speedwerx c-kit. Sleds tops out around 100. Used to pull 105 on the rail beds consistently. Revs to 7950-8000. What do others get?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
8000 rpm's is 2 low. it shud b around 8500 or so. check your apv valves.[/b]
You can't be serious. Just cleaned the valves. Advice from another forum was get the revs down to 7700 with heavier weights. Any one else have any input?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
126 Posts
8500 rpms seems a little high. I just put a d&d lite pipe/y pipe on my f7 and d&d said i should only be climbing to about 8000 r's....

·
Registered
209 Posts
8500 you cant be serious! with the timing key it will lower your peak power by about 200 rpm. you should be making peak power at about 7700 rpm with your combo. so you dont want to see anything above 7850. i think your problem comes from your clutch kit. i have heard a lot of people talk about how speedwerks clutch kits coming like hell out of the hole but fall on there face at like 90mph. if i was you i would buy a ods clutch kit. The ods kit doesnt come out of the hole as hard but it is a improvement throughout the hole powerband.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts