Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, EFI was flashing on my 550, then wouldn't idle until I gave it some throttle. Pulled the code for SC40 - Idle Speed Control. From searching, it looks like it could also be a broken wire, mine all LOOKED good from what I can tell. Beyond that I couldn't find much. So is my next step to replace the ISC?

Thanks all!

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Check the wires carefully , they break internally sometimes and you can’t see it.especially where they enter the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a lot of work lol. I'll give you a coors light if you come to EGF and do it for me ;)

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there some video or something with pictures on how to check the wires better? Like showing where the break happens?

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
That’s the worst part about electrical. It’s meticulous work to find the issue. You can download a wiring diagram and start ohm testing. Country Cat has them under technical information.

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Look at the throttle body you will see where the wires are tight. Just use a multi meter and do a continuity test. Or you could by a new sensor and hope that is the problem😊😊

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, found a broken wire! I'll post a pic of it when I can here... Now my question is, that wire is so tiny, how do I fix it????

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Where was it?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Engineering

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jaw Gesture Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did some kind of wire connector for it, but now it will start and seems to idle just fine, but I get a flashing EFI code, this time it is SC13 and AC13. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Sc13 is a stored code , no worries. That is exactly where those wires break. Check continuity on the other ones.
Is your battery in good shape ?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope to head in the garage and look at it again tonight. I didn't check continuity on the other ones. I supose that is my next step? Battery is a very good one, can't remember if it is an Oddyesy or if I went with something else, but it is 2 years old and always on a battery tender.

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Getting it load tested is the only way to know if it’s good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts