Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay

Is this something like you were looking for?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
That would work, although I wonder if they would fit under the seat at 2" tall? My system tucks right under some gear under my seat, but isn't waterproof really. I'll be applying a layer of silicon over the top of it this spring, but it's not in an enclosure like that is.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Mar 11 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That would work, although I wonder if they would fit under the seat at 2" tall? My system tucks right under some gear under my seat, but isn't waterproof really. I'll be applying a layer of silicon over the top of it this spring, but it's not in an enclosure like that is.[/b]
I never looked at the size - oops.

Sure looks like a nice set up though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
IMO, you're better off just using what Sanny has made. In my experience, you could spend hours trying to waterproof something, and the slightest pin hole will let in and trap water in there, causing more corrosion. If you do decide on this box, I would rather punch a few drain holes in it, then spray the hell out of it with Rust Check, or some water displacing rust inhibitor. Don't get me wrong, the idea is a good one, but unless it's a molded case, it's gonna leak. Would probably fit in the glove box of a V2 though.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
That box looks like the boxes I buy from Radio Shack for projects, and the fuse block portion was bought and mounted and then wired , then grommets put in the holes drilled for wires. Its not water proof but I know Radio Shack has smaller boxes but the bottom line its not as heavy duty as Sannys'. I would think maybe Radio Shack has the block to, for someone who wanted to build their own , waterproof it and probably spend less money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts