Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to the Little Sahara in OK next April with a buddly of mine, and I'm concerned about what tires and what tire size to get. I have a DVX400, HMF (loud-n-proud) slip-on, and a 145 jet (thinking of jumping to a 150 and adding a CDI overrev. Any thoughts would be appreciated. bang your head

·
Registered
116 Posts
When are ya going? We take a trip there every april!

Ive always heard good things about Sand Stars and Haulers over on z4oocentral. I need to do some checking my self. My old paddles are all chewed up!

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:yo_sup: on my 04 DVX I'm running a yosh full system with a mikuni 170 main with a 25 pilot, the pilot made a big difference, when I had my yosh slip-on I ran a 160 mikuni, you say your running a 145 main whose is it? It makes a big difference is the amount of fuel your getting because they are sized differently from different manufacturers. As far as tires go I run Skat Trak 9 paddle extremes, the quad handles them very well when I go to the dunes at Silver Lake in Mears Michigan my2cents [attachment=58959:DSCF0049.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hava an 04 DVX & also ride a Silver Lake dunes in Mears, MI.
I run either 20x10x10 haulers or 20x10x10 sand devils.
The haulers offer a lot more bite where the devils are a easier to slide around.
Both are straight paddles....also I put GBC 22X8X10 single rib dunetrackers on front & they make a big differance in how the quad takes the ruts from the full size crowd up there.
My DVX is modest with just a yosh slip-on,aluminium airbox, & big gun rev box.
"dogthehunter" just curious have you had your H! on the dunes yet...if so how did it do.
Stephen in northern IN

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank's guys. Really appreciate the comments. But, before I go, I have one more question. My brother-in-law just bought a Raptor 700R, which is bad a$$. He says that he's not getting any tires, and only running with stock. Mistake? Not worthy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sgtdvx400 @ Dec 28 2006, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank's guys. Really appreciate the comments. But, before I go, I have one more question. My brother-in-law just bought a Raptor 700R, which is bad a$$. He says that he's not getting any tires, and only running with stock. Mistake? Not worthy:[/b]

Not necessarily...

I have seen bikes w/o paddles out run bikes w paddles. I think the conditions make a difference. Obviously you dont need paddles in wet sand ect. He should be able to get around ok without them. Might get stuck trying to get going once in a while though.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tickster @ Dec 27 2006, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hava an 04 DVX & also ride a Silver Lake dunes in Mears, MI.
I run either 20x10x10 haulers or 20x10x10 sand devils.
The haulers offer a lot more bite where the devils are a easier to slide around.
Both are straight paddles....also I put GBC 22X8X10 single rib dunetrackers on front & they make a big differance in how the quad takes the ruts from the full size crowd up there.
My DVX is modest with just a yosh slip-on,aluminium airbox, & big gun rev box.
"dogthehunter" just curious have you had your H! on the dunes yet...if so how did it do.
Stephen in northern IN[/b]
:yo_sup: No I haven't had it up there yet, when we were up there in sept. I saw one up there but it was being operated by a, uh, well, uh, large women but she didn't seem to be having any trouble, watched her take it up Test Hill, up and over 1 try! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
"dogthehunter" I haven't been up there in 2 years but look forward to makeing it next season.
IMOP they screwed it up with there voucher system.....makes it a lot harder to go up at the last minute & ride.
Very curious to see how my 700 runs up there, maybe I'll see you there next season?
Stephen in northern IN...winter & getting sand fever

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:thumbsup: Hey tickster we'll see what happens, they dropped the voucher system and its not to hard to get in anymore, we usually go up there the 3rd weekend in sept., but I don't know if I'm going to make it this year because I plan on going to Utah and ride the Paiute in Sept. Dog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts