Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get sand tires (paddles) for my TRV 650 H1 but now I'm wondering if I got the right size. The OEM rear tires are 25x10-12 and the tires I got (based on the shop's recommendation) are 22x11-10R. It is considerably smaller than the OEM tire. Will I be ok or should I go with a bigger paddle tire? My destination is Glamis (Imperial Sand Dunes) in CA. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't think you should go any smaller then 25. Get 12 tires at all four corners and that will give you very good flotation. I would check out a tire like the Mud Bug, i hear they do very well in sand.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FirecatV2 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did they have a clue what machine you have? You can't run a 10" inch rim, it won't fit over the shock mount or caliper.[/b]

Haha i didn't even notice that when i posted, i thought it was a little weird but didn't look close enough apparently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. They took them back and admitted they buggered it up. I'm gonna run with my stock tires aired down to 4 psi.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Id also run it in 4wd just for safety you know but airing down the stock tires should be a good difference in the sand , heck one time i was ridding in the sand pits with my old 29.5 laws an actually never had a problem i just kept it in 4wd an watched my wheel speed .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts