Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my idea for my welding class project, take my old 1986 arctic cat pantera motor and clutches and related stuff, and build a mini sandrail. ive got every little detail figured out. down to the front steering knuckles to the rear spindles. heck, ive even drawn the frame in 3-D on autocad. if anyone has done somthing like this, i would really like to know any problems youve had.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Haven't done it but I compliment you on a damn cool idea. Learning CAD and getting this knowledge at a young age is a great thing. Stick with it and keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got it about priced out. it will cost about $150 for the frame, 50 for the bearings i need, and about $50 for other parts i will need. one problem will be finding some old 4 wheeler rims and tires. cant build the hubs without them! but i will be parting out my pantera if anyone needs parts.
id just like to have something with a roll cage and 4 wheels so my grandfather will let me go into the back country by myself ( with survival gear of course, he just doesnt want me to wreak and get injured out in the middle of nowhere on my cr250.)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe, this is about what it will look like....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts