Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2000 lynx lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be trailering my sled on an open bed trailer this winter. I bought a fitted canvas cover for trailering. Should I put a salt shield on the trailer or will the cover provide enough protection? Looking for opinions from those who trailer on an open trailer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haul on an open trailer and found a soft cover that fits the front around the skis etc like a salt shield for when the roads are really bad. But usually just run the regular cover or no cover if the roads are dry. You can not have to much protection when trailer. But I run older machines so the investment is not that great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a used trailer a few years ago, spent the money on a salt shield, and nice covers for my two sleds. Even with the salt shield, the covers will get pelted with salt, so will the outside spindles, and also idler/bogies towards the back of the track. The airflow just goes around the salt shield. So it marginally helps but you still get salt in a lot of places. The best choice is an enclosed trailer but that's not always financially or practically feasible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts