Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:super_happy: does anyone know if a firecat seat can be installed on sabercat or can anyone change seat configuration.would like seat 2 inches taller and 2 inches narrower.live in ohio

·
Read Only
0 Posts
sabercat seat bad design ?? get off the crack. those were the best. sparkplugs and belts under the seat that perfect !!! man get off w/e you are. But i do agree with the 2 inch taller. but bad design ??? wrong. ALSO the firecat seat does fit with some mods

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just that it was bad design for me not everyone.what mods to firecat seat and will i still be able to use trunk?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes you can put a Firecat seat on a Sabercat but it takes some work. The most important [and hardest] part of the conversion is the mount for the F-cat seat. It is a bolt [or stud] that is mounted to the rear heat exchanger, I had a tab welded on mine or you can get a Firecat heat exchanger and swap them.. You will also have to remove the 2 pins that the Sabercat seat clips to. There should be a post on here and on HCS about this as I have posted replies to your question a few times with pictures. You can do a search for it at the top ^^^. If you can't find it let me know and I will take some more pics but I HAVE SNOW now so I will be riding and it may take a few days to get pics.
Good luck Dave
[attachment=62490:Dads_sled_004.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just an opinion but did you try taking your Sabercat seat to an upholstery shop.....Get them to customize it to your needs I dunno

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slomo didnt know if a upholster shop would be knowledgable in this matter,but i guess it isnt any different than a seat cushion

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too was unhappy with the height and firmness on my '05 Sabercat 700. What I did was remove the seat and take out all of the staples holding the cover on. I went to a local shop that sells foam and purchased some pretty firm 1 1/2" foam and some spray adhesive. I adhered the new foam to the old with the spray (which bonds like steel) and then took a metal grinder and shaped the new foam to have a nice smooth transition to the old seat. It's a little work, but in the end the seat cover will easily fit over the new seat. I am extremely happy with my results with the seat being higher and firmer. I like it better than my buddie's 05 F-Cat and so does he. If you're interested in doing this and need some verbal help send me an e-mail. [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cost me $200.cdn to have 2" added to my Saber seat at a upolstery shop.
Worth every penny.
I don't know why Cat made them so dammm low!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.