Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an 04 Sabercat this weekend, and have noticed that some models have the narrow part of the coils at the top of the shock and some have the narrow part at the spindle. Why is that? Does it matter? Does one way make them easier to change on the trail?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Does not matter if the shock is inverted or not it works the same both ways. Some models have clearance issues with the springs that's why they are mounted different. Or who ever set-up the sled put them on how ever they felt like.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If shocks have remote reservoirs, the res comes off the cylinder part of the shock and is mounted to the side pan, so the shock has to be upside down

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
General consensus I found at HCS is fat part of spring (coils tight together) should be down. Sound right?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jkd37 @ Dec 28 2006, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am looking at an 04 Sabercat this weekend, and have noticed that some models have the narrow part of the coils at the top of the shock and some have the narrow part at the spindle. Why is that? Does it matter? Does one way make them easier to change on the trail?[/b]
hey see you saturday, arctic-cat did that for the 04's just a head up, oh yeah they are adjustable ones too

·
Registered
246 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jkd37 @ Dec 28 2006, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
General consensus I found at HCS is fat part of spring (coils tight together) should be down. Sound right?[/b]

I have mine mounted with the fat side up. Easier to adjust that way being you can grab the fatter tight end of the springs to turn the shock. I also prefer the look. I dunno .....To each his own on this one............

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
My 04 Sabercat and my wife's 05 Sbercat were the opposites! They still handle great once I played with the suspension. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts