Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me exactly why the 04-06 500 and 600 sabercats had different battery requirements? As far as I can tell the only use is starting the engine. I would like to use the 500's battery in my 600 since its smaller/easier to install, lighter, and cheaper. Will there be any issues doing this?

When I look up on a parts site theyre listed as using the same battery, but when I lookup on a battery site theyre diff 24HL-BS battery for 600s and 20-BS battery for 500s.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
You may want to confirm the CCA’s of the smaller battery. I know the 24 series battery JUST fits in there. I just sold my SC 600 that had a 24 in it. To install it I took off exhaust and the aluminium shield to get it in there. To me it’s big as it’s the same battery for my T660 4 stroke.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Likely more Cold Cranking Amps with the larger battery in the 600 vs the 500, which might not need as much to get it going??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the smaller battery has fewer CCA's and Ah's, but does that actually matter is what im trying to get at? I cant find any specs about the starters input/output values to verify, so really looking for personal stories. either that or if theres a good spot to relocate the recommended battery to.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Starter itself is the same for 500's and for lots of other models.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update - i installed the 500's battery, works just fine. had to wrap some e-tape around the hold down bar since its a bit shorter to keep it in place. Starts sled no problem, smaller and way easier to install/remove, and bonus saves a few lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts