Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, no snow, so the brain is on melt down.

Found a new 1000 motor on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...p;rd=1&rd=1

So my thought is, why not put into the Sabercat? Pipes would need to be custom, could get the electronics from
any dealer, and could punch it out to a 1200 for an extra $2K.

Soooo, for about oh $5K I think I could get a 230 HP Sabercat.

Would it fit in the bulkhead?

I really hope it snows.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it fits in the Crossfire frame, why not? Someone has specs out there.

Trust me, I don't have "enough" money, but seems pretty cheap compared to
a new F1000 / Crossfire 1000.

·
Registered
934 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geofeinstein @ Jan 5 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

a new F1000 / Crossfire 1000.[/b]

BUT,,, you are paying half the amount of a new F or CF with that motor in it, without getting the sled.

IMO - spend much less and add a BMP or D&D 1000 top end kit (or 900 or what have you) to the saber and add a set of pipes, then some nitrous and your there. I assume that all the add ons to the 700 would be less reliable than the stock 1000 with a top end kit, but what the hell.

·
Registered
691 Posts
That would be sweet!!!! Just going down the trails and then you see a few moded sleds, mmmmm, lets go and you kick ass......Holy camoly batman, who was that bad cat...LOL Not worthy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MacEng @ Jan 5 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geofeinstein @ Jan 5 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a new F1000 / Crossfire 1000.[/b]

BUT,,, you are paying half the amount of a new F or CF with that motor in it, without getting the sled.

IMO - spend much less and add a BMP or D&D 1000 top end kit (or 900 or what have you) to the saber and add a set of pipes, then some nitrous and your there. I assume that all the add ons to the 700 would be less reliable than the stock 1000 with a top end kit, but what the hell.
[/b][/quote]

The new CF with a 1200 kit would be about 11 ~ 12K. Plus, no electric start. I'm not old, but I really like the electric start.

The 900 kits for the F7 motor, after all said and done, total out to about 5K also. So, same money, way more power.

I will see what happens this spring with money, and might try this. Anyone with me?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Heck, the new 800 and 1000 motors must be almost or are the exact size of the old 5,6,and7 motors because they all fit in the Crossfire. So it should fit in your saber.

That would be a super sweet sled. Who would be expecting a 1000 sabercat coming down the lake. Not me, i know that!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I believe the Crossfire / SnoPro (racer) chassis is wider in the front, it's not the same as a Firecat/Sabercat. Anyone have more info on this. I dunno

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
best bet would be a big bore on your sled.. gets you 180-190hp easy... and I highly doubt it will be even close to an easy project to put the new 1000 in it.. trust me.. if it were easy, you would see one already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For sure not easy, but can be done. D&D can sell you the required motor mounts, and steering hardware. Wire harness and ecu would be required from 07 sled. Coolant hoses match up fairly close. Not sure if cooling system sufficient for long trail rides. Pipe(s) would have to be custom fit. Here is a picture. I can be reached at 715 205 2965 if you have questions. Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow. Not worthy: Looks like I'm way behind the curve. That is some amazing custom fabrication right there.
Yeah, the 900+ kit with a shot of juice would probably be best.

hallnracing - how many hours do you have in this? And what is your intended use? Race, trail, ...?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Intended use is lakerace/trail, with extreme predjudice toward lakerace. We will be monitoring coolant temps closely, when trail riding (if we ever get any snow). This same sled was very fast as a 9ss with boondocker nitrous, last winter (probably a much more practical setup).

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hallnracing @ Jan 10 2007, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Intended use is lakerace/trail, with extreme predjudice toward lakerace. We will be monitoring coolant temps closely, when trail riding (if we ever get any snow). This same sled was very fast as a 9ss with boondocker nitrous, last winter (probably a much more practical setup).[/b]
Looking forward to seeing this one run Glenn! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hallnracing @ Jan 9 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For sure not easy, but can be done. D&D can sell you the required motor mounts, and steering hardware. Wire harness and ecu would be required from 07 sled. Coolant hoses match up fairly close. Not sure if cooling system sufficient for long trail rides. Pipe(s) would have to be custom fit. Here is a picture. I can be reached at 715 205 2965 if you have questions. Glenn[/b]
Glenn,
What is the status of your Firecat 1200?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts