·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 zrt Just wondering how to adjust oil pump for oil any ideas

·
Registered
44 Posts
are you asking how to adjust it or what should it be taking for oil? I have a 2002 ZRT600 and it uses about 1 litre of oil to 100 miles.I am going to try and get it up to about 130 miles /litre.I ran my 1997 ZRT 150 miles to the litre and had 12000 miles on it when I sold it.My 2000,2001 and this 2002 all used about 1 litre to 100 miles when purchased them and I adjusted them all to 130 mi/ltr

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Cattmann

Approx. how much space were there between the line up marks on the oil pump at idle and full throttle position, or don't you know? I'd like to try this on mine. I would like a starting point.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Look straight down under your carbs.Any cat pumps that I have ever adjusted had 2 marks on the pump and 1 on the arm that the cable is attached to. If I remember correctly one lines up at idle and the other at full throttle.You probably need a mirror with a long arm on it and a flashlight to see the marks.Adjusting is as easy as loosening the top and bottom nuts on the cable where it goes through the bracket and adjusting the cable up or down depending on what you want ,more oil by pulling the cable up and less for slackening the cable off.Make sure you lock the nuts tight against the bracket when done.I would make sure my marks are on before trying to fine tune the pump to conserve oil.get a base line where it would be set at the factory first then if you want to cut back on consumption do it in small adjustments over a period of time or you might be looking for an engine.I ran all my earlier 600 ZRTs around 130 to a maxium of 150 miles per litre with no negitive issues.130 is a good spot to keep it.I am only speaking of ZRT 600 triples as I have no experience with other cat engines when it comes to cutting back oil consumption.On the ZRTs with the round slide carbs you will probably have to remove your centre carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts