Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so im looking to bump up my mudpro 700 from the stock 28 zillas up to some 30's along with papaslap clutching to match. i would say that i do about 40/60 deep mud/reg trail riding. im currently looking at 3 options

1) silverbacks $675 and 162lbs total

2) mud zillas $669 and 162lbs total

3)zillas $520 and 114lbs total

prices are shipped pricing. so whats your thoughts? the weights i posted could be wrong, these are what i found when i did a search and also weights are for staggered width

·
Administrator
38,873 Posts
Go with the zillas for weight and power.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I agree. The Silverbacks will outperform the zillas in the thickest mud, but the weight and poor ride quality will leave a lot to be desired.

The original Mudzilla is an archaic design. I would only purchase it if I wanted a long lasted highway tire. They are made of a VERY tough and durable rubber. Outside of that, the lighter Zilla will probably outperform or even match the Mudzilla.

·
Administrator
38,873 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Those 3 tires really aren't comparable. They are all very different. The Zilla is a lightweight mud/trail tire that doesn't last long as far as tread life (but if you stay off the blacktop you'll be fine). The Silverback is a pure mud tire and excels in one area and one area only - mud. The Mudzilla is a leftover of the ATV mud tire race from 15+ years ago. It lost to the Outlaw and to a lesser extent the tried and true Vampire. As said before it's a bit outdated in my opinion.

So you have to decide what you want to do with your new tires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would be looking at outlaw 2s but they are out of my price range so now its looking between the silverbacks or the zillas. ive got 28 zillas on it and would like to get through more than i can now but unfortunately i cant always find mud holes to play in so i have to do a moderate amount of trail riding. i dont want to loose any power if possible i would like to gain some so when i do the tires i will also have papaslap do my clutches. seeing how heavy the backs are has me concerned that the clutch work wont be enough. have any of you went from 28 zillas to 30 zillas? is it at all noticeable in the mud?

·
Registered
28 Posts
we have 29.5 outlaw 2, all skinny on my sons 06 700 and with the clutch work it is pretty awesome, they do ride smooth, I gave less than 800 for them but that is a lot more than the zillas, the zillas are better all around and are super light 25lbs for skinny and 30 for wides, he is wanting a renegade 1000 and we are going to try 30 zillas all skinnies just because of the weight and hopefully save some axles.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
outlaw radials

·
Registered
30 Posts
Running 30's

I am currently running 30 x 9 silverbacks on crush lock rims on my 2011 650 mud pro and they work great. The steering has something to be desired. Also your shocks will need to be adjusted all the up, and you will have to shave back a 1/8 inch on the rear of the foot well to keep them from rubbing when your rear shocks are compressed down.

Hope this helps if you go this way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
outlaws would be all around good, if he knobs beat you to much at cruising speed, then let some air out, i only run 3-5 lbs in mine and i do everything in with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts