Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So rumour has it that HL will unveil the 31" at Mud Nats.. any believers? Honestly, the technology is there but its no different then Automakers and video electronics, they gotta bring it to consumers in steps, more profitable. Once everyone eats up 29.5's they'll tease you with 31's, or just wait till ITP and Maxxis puts out 33's, then on comes the 34's, 35's etc.... Not really sure if ya can go any bigger...lol
I don't know, what do ya'll think?

Believe it or Not?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
What a waste in my opinion! Who really needs 31" tire anyways??

·
Registered
487 Posts
People would buy them just because. Till an axle snaps,clutch belt blows or the reck something else. i think a 29.5 is plenty for anybody..

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would not doubt it.I just talked to Dustin in sales at high lifter on Friday.He says they have been sold out of 29.5 for about two weeks.In my eyes granted i do not have a lift on my 700 or snorkled but my 27" outlaws are awesome i really cant see ever going bigger in an aggresive tire.Plus the weight and the angle change on those axles wow some strees with hugh tires.But they also sell axles.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was reading up on this on Highlifter. No Highlifter employees have said anything on the post or mods soo....Guess we will see. If so I want some :super_happy:

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Anything bigger than 29.5 would come with a disclamier.... These tires will only work on Arcticats. Any other Atvs will require many mods. If you use these tires on anything but arcticats we take no responsiblity when you get stuck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would buy a set but I havnt heard anything about this

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
i read somewhere on high lifter that there would be some 32" outlaws at nats. prolly the same rumor, some one just screwed up the numbers.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No longer a rumour, its a fact... They unveiled the 31's at Nats, lugs look closer together then the 29's and it was a 14" rim.. I'm not into the big tire thing myself but it may turn some fellas crank..lol..

·
Registered
456 Posts
I belive it would take a rather large wallet to run 31's.Not just the price of the tire but the cost of upkeep on the machine that ran them.It would have to awful hard on bearings,axles,clutches,tranies etc etc. but if you live for the mud and have the finances to do it, go for it!

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
EXACTLY!!! I would say that a machine with tires that size would spend as much time on the rack being repaired as it would being ridden!! bang your head

1 - 16 of 16 Posts