Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST BOUGHT A WINCH LINE SAVER TO HOOK UP TO MY SYNTHETIC ROPE. ONLY PROBLEM IS IT DOESN'T WINCH UP THAT FAR.
SO IF YOU CAN PICTURE WHAT I AM THINKING TO DO IS TIE A NOT WITH A WASHER SO IT STOPS WHERE I WANT IT TO....:huh: HOW DO I PUT PICS ON HERE SO I CAN SHOW WHAT I MEAN?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is what i meant

Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Font Cable

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
That may work for plowing but with the pressure that is on that line you probably wont be able to untie that knot. I would suggest that you tie a bow knot, if you don't jam the knot to tight against the rubber stop you should be able to untie it after you get done plowing. Edit!!!! Just do what 40OLE said.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
you dont want that winch saver to stop the hook or squish they will tear apart... they are mainly used so when you riding (no plow) so your hook isnt flopping around or the hook isnt messing up your farelead when using the winch. just look at it as a rubber bumper just to stop your hook from going too far and banging up your farelead

Reactions: Archery cat

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot you guys. I am gonna do what 400le said..thats kina what i thought also.

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
Any knot in any rope or winch line will be the weak point and it will break right at the knot. So dont do that.
I really wouldn't use the nice synthetic rope for plowing at all.
people have used 2 inch wide strap from a ratchet style tie down, You need about 10 foot is all.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
I've been using synthetic rope for plowing for 4 yrs now. Plus side is if you break the rope you can tie it and go again

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
I've been using synthetic rope for plowing for 4 yrs now. Plus side is if you break the rope you can tie it and go again
At strap will last years without breaking too, you don't have to remove the syn rope. And if you break it, no big deal replace it for a few dollars and save the expensive winch rope from excessive chaffing caused by use on a plow.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
At strap will last years without breaking too, you don't have to remove the syn rope. And if you break it, no big deal replace it for a few dollars and save the expensive winch rope from excessive chaffing caused by use on a plow.
I have been using the strp for a month now and LOVE it, I am never going back Clap Rockerdude

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im love the synthetic rope and will never go back to steal. It always snapped in a one years time for plowing snow......to many up-downs in one area for steal.

I have tied a loop not and is still holding...i was the one wid the question. But wanted the rubber stopper so i dont pull in to far and snap it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My idea was to put the rubber thingy on so i dont always tighten the rope by accident when plowing. When making taller hills i raise up on the plow and end up going to far...so if i had a stopper. I know the rubber will work great for not having a plow on and so the hook dont bang around.

So what should i do.....?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do i put photos on here

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
hit
'go advanced" instead of " post quick reply,
scroll down and hit " manage attachments"
a small window opens up, hit " choose file"

click on a downloaded picture, then hit "upload"
it should show up in the manage attachment section, but all you have to do is hit 'submit reply" done

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I am on this page and still lost

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire

ok...i got it fingerd out....litterly lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
That is a great color. You have good taste.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all so much!! :)
the 500 xt only came in camo($200 more) or the viper blue metalic.
It is painted the blue viper metailc....but on blue palstic.
Nice color looking! Thanks so much!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.