Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Working to fix up a 1998 Panther 550 and noticed the upper and lower rubber shock bushings on the rear skid are falling apart. I can only seem to find a part # for the whole shock not just the rubber bushings. Anyone know where I can find just the rubber pieces? The top is brittle and very cracked.... the bottom side is almost gone.

its a Ryde FX shock if that helps.... part # 1604-085

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
It might be worth your while to compare bushings with your front ski shock absorber bushings. If that works, ricktherocket who supplies UHMWPE bushings for ATV's are the same as the sled front shock bushings. That part # is 0604-310. He has the steel sleeves for them too. 0604-309 is that part number.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck trying any other bushings.... all close but not quite. Seems odd I have to buy a whole new shock to replace the rubber bushings?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Google snowmobile shock bushings. Kimpex has something

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
How old are the shocks? Maybe consider replacing the whole shock especially being a 2up sled?:unsure:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having a hard time finding a shock that fits also.... thought about going that route. Found a NOS one on Ebay but its almost half what I paid for the whole sled lol

Anyone have any ideas on where to locate a shock? would I just need to measure the fully extended and fully closed length and find something that matches up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts