Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Gents,

For the RRs, My track has come loose twice on the right side.. Get home from a ride and about 4" of sag and track way out of wack.. The adjusting bolts do not have jam nuts so I can only assume they are vibrating loose.. I used the axle nut tool and some blue but it still wasn't enough..

Unfortunately I had to take a hammer and punch to both sides to lock the axle nuts in place.

Cheers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
FYI Gents,

For the RRs, My track has come loose twice on the right side.. Get home from a ride and about 4" of sag and track way out of wack.. The adjusting bolts do not have jam nuts so I can only assume they are vibrating loose.. I used the axle nut tool and some blue but it still wasn't enough..

Unfortunately I had to take a hammer and punch to both sides to lock the axle nuts in place.

Cheers.
Yup, I saw the same thing. I didn't mess around with AC or the dealer, determined it was a bad design that they would not fix, so I put a traditional 4 wheel kit in from JT. No more issue except it cost me $250 (or another belt if you want to look at it that way)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had my adjuster bolt break off this weekend took aluminum axle tighteners off cut a nut in half now and put them on now I can tighten it up tight with big wrench
Keep up the info... I want Cat to fix this and a fourth wheel kit is out of the question for me!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BL, can you put the rear axle from a non RR model on it? I have never really looked at an RR. I know the skid is different, but if a guy can add a 4 wheel kit, you should be able to put the stock Cat setup from the other sleds in there too. I dunno

I scrapped the tri-hub before it ever touched the snow and went with a 4 wheel kit from Frank. The track stretched a little uneven at first and was out of alignment, but I've had no problems with it after straightening it up the first time. And no snowballs flying up and hitting me in the bum either. :lol:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BL, can you put the rear axle from a non RR model on it? I have never really looked at an RR. I know the skid is different, but if a guy can add a 4 wheel kit, you should be able to put the stock Cat setup from the other sleds in there too. I dunno

I scrapped the tri-hub before it ever touched the snow and went with a 4 wheel kit from Frank. The track stretched a little uneven at first and was out of alignment, but I've had no problems with it after straightening it up the first time. And no snowballs flying up and hitting me in the bum either. :lol:
Green I'de have to put the whole rear skid in from a non RR... I went to my dealer yesterday to get a complete fuel pickup assembly for my RR. (one of the smart valves was NFG causing my fuel pump to labour and would dump my sled into limp mode from WOT). Anyways they ordered me a complete new rear axle and new jam nuts.. Till Cat comes up with an up grade???.. I love the look of the skid and I don't feel the need to have outer wheels in the rear so I'll hold on to what I got.:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
That rear skid has been around for a couple of years same axle as the 600 and the 500,,Are you following the proper steps when adjusting it? Loosen up the axle adjust tighten axle the snug up adjuster bolts should be good to go.Sounds like your RR has alot of problemsI dunno

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah i'm fallowing proper adj... It's not having a lot of problems but yes there are some bugs to get rid of... My dealer has been gr8 with me.. They just ordered me a new fuel pump, it's still labouring.

On a good note... I can strip my sled apart in about 5mins now... It's really easy to work on once you know it!

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts