Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a F1100 T rr... As many of you said, the rear is stiff... But there are stiff and just not pleasent to drive at all...

How many of you changed or revalved the rear shocks?

Where, how much it cost and what are the changes...

The rear is just ridiculusly to stiff and does not work at all in the small bumps...

Any help or info are welcome....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I own a F1100 T rr... As many of you said, the rear is stiff... But there are stiff and just not pleasent to drive at all...

The rear is just ridiculusly to stiff and does not work at all in the small bumps...

Mine rides great. I weigh 250 w/o clothes. Set rear springs in #1 (staggered 1 and 2 with heavy pack). Backed off both rebound and compression dampening in both shocks 3-4 clicks. Center shock 3/8" threads, limiter strap pulled up 2 holes to center position to get more ski pressure (btw I have pilots). I had an XRS last year and that did handle the big stuff better, and ride better, but still this RR is very good. I now have 1500 miles, and it does soften with time like any sled. I could see that if you weighed say 150 lbs that it could be too stiff on it's softest settings.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Mine rides great. I weigh 250 w/o clothes. Set rear springs in #1 (staggered 1 and 2 with heavy pack). Backed off both rebound and compression dampening in both shocks 3-4 clicks. Center shock 3/8" threads, limiter strap pulled up 2 holes to center position to get more ski pressure (btw I have pilots). I had an XRS last year and that did handle the big stuff better, and ride better, but still this RR is very good. I now have 1500 miles, and it does soften with time like any sled. I could see that if you weighed say 150 lbs that it could be too stiff on it's softest settings.
Same here I go about 265 and it's a great ride!

·
Super Moderator
8,445 Posts

carver performance in northern mn charges about 60 bucks a shock to revalve them

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Well I feel like a 14 year old when i'm on it. back to 41 years old when I got off and have to soak in the hot tub!
ClapClapClap

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
212 here.. sometimes 220 depending on how much time i spent in the garage the nite b4.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The RR is not designed to give the rider a grandpa ride. First thing my dealer asked me was what ride style I was, aggressive or take it easy rider? He pointed to the RR and said this is the ride you want, after telling him I'm nuts Bounce Mirror I already knew what ride I was there for but I am surprised your dealer did not ask you this and recommend a ride more suited for your riding style......

I have my shocks tuned perfect for me and when it comes down from a 5 foot jump its like i landed on a pillow....like it should and designed to do.

Other than a vibration I'm feeling at very high speeds...I love my ride very much Cat happy

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Wild,
Where you feeling the vibration??? hands? footwells? in your ***? Just curious..

·
Super Moderator
8,445 Posts
The RR is not designed to give the rider a grandpa ride. First thing my dealer asked me was what ride style I was, aggressive or take it easy rider? He pointed to the RR and said this is the ride you want, after telling him I'm nuts Bounce Mirror I already knew what ride I was there for but I am surprised your dealer did not ask you this and recommend a ride more suited for your riding style......

I have my shocks tuned perfect for me and when it comes down from a 5 foot jump its like i landed on a pillow....like it should and designed to do.

Other than a vibration I'm feeling at very high speeds...I love my ride very much Cat happy
do you have the 800 or the turbo?? I took a 800rr out yesterday and I was pretty impressed with it. Other than the rear skid valving being way off, it rides pretty good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you have the 800 or the turbo?? I took a 800rr out yesterday and I was pretty impressed with it. Other than the rear skid valving being way off, it rides pretty good.
I have the Turbo... love the machine but the rear valving to my opinion is too stiff for the trail.... I will revalve the shock,... don't need to chage the whole snowmobile if you don't like the shock setting lol..

I'm not a grandpa... just like the look and the power of the machine and would prefer to have a smoother ride on the trail.... The BRP 800 with the rmotion are not skid for grandpa... the suspension works so much better ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts