Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little guidance. Please be aware, I am new and stupid.

I have a 95 ZR580. I have rebuilt the primary or drive clutch to factory settings. The secondary has a "Hymark" spider on it. Everything seems to work well but it revs to 8500 rpms or so. I feel that I should lower it back to around 8000-8200 but should I put a factory secondary on it or can I change something somewhere to lower the Rs. It would seem like a waste to remove a clutch kit but...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Spider is in primary, not secondary. Doubt you removed that. What hole did you put the secondary spring in? Not sure what you mean "rebuilt" primary clutch. you added a clutch kit? New spring and weights in primary? Changed helix and spring in secondary? Need more info

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Did it rev to 8500 before you rebuilt everything or was it 8200 ish before? Mine revs to ~8500 with no issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's the long version.
I bought a 95 ZR580 EFI and brought it to a mechanic to make sure it was ready for the season. He showed me the cracks in the bulkhead and told me to scrap it. I, being stupid, then bought a rolling chassis of a 94 ZR580 (not EFI) and put the EFI motor and ECU and entire wiring harness and dash brace and hood and and...anyways, it runs. The secondary that came on the chassis had the clutch kit on it but the chassis did not come with the primary so I put new weights and rollers in the original primary (dealer said spring was factory)
As far as the max RPM, I just don't want it to blow up, so I thought I should bring it down to spec

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Move the anchor point of the spring of the secondary counter clockwise by one hole. This will bring the peak rpm down by appx 200 rpm.

·
5,963 Posts
^^^ each hole is 200 RPM for Clarification

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Has your tach been calibrated? Mine read 200+ RPM high. I thought I was over revving at WOT and then had my tach calibrated and the same set up was then showing correct RPM, about 200 lower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts