Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
I'm learning about this stuff too. My spring ajuster was backed off to about .15 to .20 and also crossthreaded. I put it to .50" and drilled and tapped a bolt in the outer plate also. My belt deflection was 1.5 to 1.75, and I was seeing sluggish low rpm response and low track speed hill climbing. From what I've been able to tell people have been saying deflection should been 1". I added one thin washer to the ajuster to achive 1". I've started it up with the track off the ground, and it does want spin the track at idle with the brake off. On the ground it doesn't creep forward. I hope tomorrow to get out there and test it out.

· Registered
26 Posts
Put a new belt on if you haven't already. Take a strait edge and put it on the belt so it rests on top of both clutches, then push it down tight and mesure the gap between the strait edge and the belt while pulling down on the belt. An extra set of hands might help. I think there should be about 1/16" to 1/8" of the belt above the to the top side of the sheeves on the secondary. Make sure that there isn't a gap between the helix and the defection ajuster on the outside of the helix, if there is you may have to remove shims. You can also look in between the sheeves on the secondary, fully closed I don't think they should be touching. The ajuster is counter clockwise to tighten to 15ft lbs. I am still learning here too, So, I hope I'm helping not hurting!!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.