Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled is a 06 M7 efi 153

i ride from 6000-9000ft. i am getting about 7500-7700 across an apline lake. and the R's seem to roll off from about 7500 to 7200 after i pin it for a couple seconds on a climb.

had a thing can on it. seems to run better with it stock but the thing was not the full problem.

when i bought it the guy had another helix on it for low altitudes. i put the stock back on but am not sure i have the white spring adjuster set right.

should i be tweaking that or looking at my primary for different weights or spring?
any quick adjustments i could try before i make changes?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i've been checking around and it seems that the adjuster should be in from the outer cover about 0.5".
mine is no where near that right now. it's about 0.2". think that could be the problem? do i have to take the whole thing apart to adjust it? i don't have the special tool for it?

thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
.5 for a stock clutch setup is probably a good place to begin. if you have the tool for adjusting the spring, just turn it in clockwise till you get to .5 (it may want more, may want less). Now, the adjuster is known to back out on its own, so some had loctite on it, like mine, which wouldnt budge, but now that im running the SledJunky's kit, i drilled and tapped the helix cover and put a set screw in there to hold the adjuster in place. Good to Go.
Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried it set at .5 and thats not i fix. still getting 7-7500 on the climbs and the r's are rolling off.

are there any adjustments i can make to my primary? i don't even know what the weights look like, or how to check if i have the right ones on there. i should have 68g right? how can i check that?
thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm learning about this stuff too. My spring ajuster was backed off to about .15 to .20 and also crossthreaded. I put it to .50" and drilled and tapped a bolt in the outer plate also. My belt deflection was 1.5 to 1.75, and I was seeing sluggish low rpm response and low track speed hill climbing. From what I've been able to tell people have been saying deflection should been 1". I added one thin washer to the ajuster to achive 1". I've started it up with the track off the ground, and it does want spin the track at idle with the brake off. On the ground it doesn't creep forward. I hope tomorrow to get out there and test it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Put a new belt on if you haven't already. Take a strait edge and put it on the belt so it rests on top of both clutches, then push it down tight and mesure the gap between the strait edge and the belt while pulling down on the belt. An extra set of hands might help. I think there should be about 1/16" to 1/8" of the belt above the to the top side of the sheeves on the secondary. Make sure that there isn't a gap between the helix and the defection ajuster on the outside of the helix, if there is you may have to remove shims. You can also look in between the sheeves on the secondary, fully closed I don't think they should be touching. The ajuster is counter clockwise to tighten to 15ft lbs. I am still learning here too, So, I hope I'm helping not hurting!!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts