Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2005 arctic cat 650H1 four wheeler that we have been using for atv pulls, we have not hit the rev limiter that I was able to hear while pulling. My question is what is the stock rpm redline for this motor/machine? We want to start making clutch adjustments to get higher in the rpm range while pulling, we want to know what our limit is. Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
558 Posts
My 400 is 8500 rpm. I'm guessing you could put yours in low on a straight away and see how high it revs?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just jack up and secure the rear end I dunno

You'll find your redline in a few seconds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
try and get a hold of adam at airdam clutches. He told me what it was on the 700 once but i forgot. the 650 is probably the same. I want to say 8,200 or 8,500 tops. Stock hits the limiter around 6,800rpm i think. I could be all wrong so do not quote me,but adam did have the info.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Red line doesn't mean much if your out of the peak HP range. Most engines make HP at a certain rpm range. That it what you need to find out and a Dyno is the best way to find it. I don't have any limiters on my thundercat, but that doesn't mean much since HP is made around 65-6800 rpm on that engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts