Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 97 ZRT 800....right now as is I am only running 7800 RPM's, I have played with flyweights, springs and shims....what ultimately is going to change my RPM's at wide open throttle? Is it a combination of many things or is there an easy way? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It is a combination of things but to increase your RPM from 7800 to 8500 leaving everything else alone you need to decrease your weight by 18.75%, so if you have 54g weights now you would need 45.5g p/n 0746-593, decreasing your weight by this much will also increase your engagement a fair bit. May be best to go back to stock and see where you are at as a baseline and tinker from there if you are not happy. Another option would be to get a complete clutch kit from one of the vendors

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zr862carb @ Feb 12 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
move your secondary spring each hole tighter should give you around 200rpm,s[/b]
That is correct but unwise for anything but a final tweak, changing the preload by 4 holes will drastically change your backshift characteristics and introduce too much side force which will reduce the transmission efficiency (less HP to the ground) and increase belt wear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts