Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone bought a clutch offset tool from royal to offset a zr clutch? There catalog lists 2 cat tools. One 96-02 9 bolt and the other up to 95 6 bolt. The one for the 6 bolt looks the same as Arctic Cats and about every aftermarket clutch tool. I have the one they say is for 96-02 9 bolt but it looks much differnt and according to it my clutch is way out.

Far as I can tell just about every cat from 1990 to 2002 needs the same 1.365 offset and 10.2 or 12.2 c-c . Worried I have the wrong tool.

Geoff

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I guess the up to 95 one is for comet clutches. The newer one should be good for 9 post or newer 6 post. Can you measure the offset on the tool to verify? Sounds like you should have the right tool My clutches were off by 3/4" when I checked it and noticed a different in fuel consumption and power after it was corrected.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the offset measured bettwen? I cant seem to find any info on the definition of it. Is it from the outside of the secondary stationary sheave to the inside of the primary stationary sheave?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts