Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Tcat had round slides. Changed it over to 2000 flatslides, now choking seems to have no effect. I put the roundslide back on, it starts and runs fine every time. Flatslides are clean and perfect. Same jetting and needles as my 2000 Tcat. Am I missing something simple here or what? He did not opt for a new singlenoutlet fuel pump and teed the three outlets on his old pump into one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I did this on my 99 1100. I had no issues at all. But I did use a HP high output fuel pump. I have 2 inlets on the flatslide, so I have 2 supply lines off the pump going to each side. I have bypassed all the safety switches and tps as well. The jetting and pilots will be different than the roundslide, but it should still start

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to look into it better. It is low on fuel, but I poured a gallon in it and still.....
Are the reed boots at a different angle than flatslide boots?
I may flip them over so the carbs sit flatter. I figured it would be a bolt on deal. Bought the carbs on eBay and they look great inside and not cobbled up at all.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it cleaned. Works well now.
Main problem was the primary clutch was stuck close to engagement on the belt.
Pulled the belt and she fires up well. Now to solve the clutch issue.........grr
thanx for the help all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts