Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a 600 in place of a 440 with flat slide carbs. I would like to keep the flatslides but my question is: The 600 has 38 round slides and the 440 has 34 flat slides, Can I just re-jet and run the 34's on the 600 or am I stuck with the round slides. I'm also curious if I'm going to have to change out pilots and to what size???????????

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Do it right! Don't go with the 34's on the 600, go with 38's. You will run out of breath on top end WAY too quick with 34's.

I got a little :secret: I'll share with you regarding carb choice. Will PM

Ok, so it's really no big secret. 125 MX bikes use the exact same carbs as Sno Pro's do but with bigger bores. Depending on the make/model/yr of the bike you can get these carbs from straight 36mm up to 40mm taper bores. There are some differences in the fuel inlet fittings and idle adjusters, but the carb bodies are the same except for larger spigot diameters (of course). Typically, they will fit ZR 600 manifolds, which will bolt right up to any 440 case reed motor through 01. When switching from gravity feed (which a MX bike uses) to pump feed (which sled uses) you MUST change the inlet valve (needle seat) to the 1.5 or 1.8 which is stock in Sno Pro carbs. These carbs can often be found cheap on eBay, by cheap I'm talking $50+/-. Thing is, you need 2 (or 3 if you are doing a triple) and it might take a bit to find them.

If I was going to carb a ZR 600, I'd be looking for a pair of 2001 or newer YZ 125 carbs.

98 YZ125 are 36mm
99/00 YZ 125 are 38mm
2001/up are 40 mm taper bore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts