Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up hills, taking whoopdee's....I like to stand on my sled. Problem is, my bars are a bit short for when I stand. Without having to pick up risers, new bars, etc. can the current bars be "rolled" forward giving them a more upright postition? If it can be done, will the wiring, cables, etc. be long enough to do this, and how long would the procedure take?

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Miss Kitty @ Mar 3 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Going up hills, taking whoopdee's....I like to stand on my sled. Problem is, my bars are a bit short for when I stand. Without having to pick up risers, new bars, etc. can the current bars be "rolled" forward giving them a more upright postition? If it can be done, will the wiring, cables, etc. be long enough to do this, and how long would the procedure take?[/b]
Miss Kitty, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

The cables should be long enough, but it's a good idea to have a close look to be sure. You can also cut/re-locate some zip ties to pull it all up to add some slack if needed.

I only ride stand-up... I have have a 98 ZRT, not ZR, cables were long enough so yours should be too.

My bars are 'rolled' forward, steering post moved forward and up, with Ole's riser & offset plate.

You probably don't have to go that far if rolling the bars will work, what I did moves everything forward, including me. You might want to try that.

If you can get enough with just rolling the bars forward, do it... You'll love it.

Check out not only how high they are, but notice the rolled bars and how far forward the steering post is. All cabling, brake hose were long enough, had to buy a throttle extender from Royal Distributing.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks A.G

I'm going to seriously look into this matter. Frankly I'm tired of leaning faaaar forward while riding up hills to get to some of our more remote spots here in Ontario. I'm sure out terrain here is nothing like what you've got where you are, but, I will attempt it with this current machine I own, and maybe even my next. I don't want it as crazy as yours, but, still, a bit more height with my bars seems to be the way to go. I still want to sit, but be able to have the height there when I need it. I'll try this summer, once the snow leaves. Any more tips I should perhaps try?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I installed a 2" riser on mine, but I've now tilted the bars back so my oldest son could ride it while sitting. and I didn't have any problems with it.

[attachment=65145:ZRT_003.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Miss Kitty @ Mar 3 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks A.G

I'm going to seriously look into this matter. Frankly I'm tired of leaning faaaar forward while riding up hills to get to some of our more remote spots here in Ontario. I'm sure out terrain here is nothing like what you've got where you are, but, I will attempt it with this current machine I own, and maybe even my next. I don't want it as crazy as yours, but, still, a bit more height with my bars seems to be the way to go. I still want to sit, but be able to have the height there when I need it. I'll try this summer, once the snow leaves. Any more tips I should perhaps try?[/b]
Hey, where in Ontario are these remote riding spots?

Yeah, that crazy bar height isn't for everyone.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you go to Ole's (a quick link on Arctic Chats page) they will have what you need. You do not want to have to lean forward riding that sled or you"ll end up a hood ornament in no time. They should have a riser suited for your sled for around $50. All you should have to extend are the hand/thumb warmer wires & thats it. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts