Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

my rk tek head is at the post office and i will pick it up soon. any tips on install and how long will it take? any easy clean way to get the antifreeze out?

i was thinking, take the pipe off, drain some antifreeze , then remove head.

later

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
hey guys,

my rk tek head is at the post office and i will pick it up soon. any tips on install and how long will it take? any easy clean way to get the antifreeze out?

i was thinking, take the pipe off, drain some antifreeze , then remove head.

later

there is a hose off the water pump with a white cap on it. that is the drain. drain it into a bucket or something. You need to drain the coolant down before pulling the head.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help Greg, puled it apart yesterday but didn't realize where a couple o rings went, for top of the domes undr the cover. antifreeze was coming out around the plug holes , figured it out last night and buttuned it up properly this morning.

wow this sure gives some power, 13.2-1 compression, need premium now. it will lift the skis with just 1/2 throttle. stock could hardly lift the skis.

now i want to kick some poo and doo.
later

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what you mean? i have read that before on here but never knew what it is.

there was some #'s engraved and i think it was 713.5, but it is buried right now. i could email them and find out.

one thing RK needs is better PR and a diagram on the set for install it would same them a lot of calls i am sure.

later

·
Registered
520 Posts
i reused the O rings on my Bikeman head. they told me if they are in good shape they are OK to re-use. once you drain the coolant it's a simple unbolt and bolt on. be sure to get the correct torque specs for the head bolts and torque them in a squence from inside to outside. can't remember the torque specs off hand...

then you have the fun job of re-filling the coolant. you are going to have to raise the front and rear ends while running to get all the air bubbles out. sometimes it takes me 5 mins, sometimes 25 mins. then take it for a ride and check the coolant level and add accordingly. good luck, you should love that rk tek head!

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
I Run a BMP head. But decked .020 though off the domes and main unit.

My squish was .077. Now its .056. Once i had it decked. Then i could finally feel a difference in performance. The sled now makes about 145psi in each side vs the 120psi

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reused the head gasket o rings, i didn't have any problem with air lock in the antifreeze. went for a longer ride today and it cruises and pulls with ease

later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts