Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've decided that I can't go through another winter with the stock setup. So I'm considering adding a 3" block. Now my sled is a 2000 ZR ME but as I understand it, she has the same parts as a '99. So, I am going to need to buy a pivot adapter also. Correct me if I'm wrong please!

So assuming that I need both will I have to lengthen my cables? I always thought that the limit for blocks and having to extend cables is 3" but when you throw the pivot in, will this make a big enough difference that I'll have to do some extending?

Also, which is better billet or plastic? Plastic should be cheaper but is it durable? Powermadd seems to be the most commom brand out there so does anyone have an opinion on that brand?

Thanks

Rod

·
Registered
408 Posts
Get the Ole's risers. My buddies ordered them becdause I told them I was going to get one and I haven't got mine yet but my buddies ordered some and they are awesome. Click the link on the side for Oles non-pivot risers, they are billet aluminum. Don't need a pivot adjuster, and you should be all set going with 3 inch but anything bigger then that might get tight. Those oles risers sure are nice, lift the bars straight up instead of a normal block going up and back. Actually allows you to add even more rise. I am getting one very soon, after I get my graphics from Jordan at ArcticFX can't wait. Definatley a really good set of graphics.

Good luck!!!!

Chris :super_happy:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
RowdyRoddy you dont need a pivot adator on your 00, unless you want to run the 02+ Zr/Firecat/Sno-pro style handlebars. A regular 3" block riser and longer bolts will work for your ZR ME. I had a friend that ran a powermadd 2" riser block on a 01 ZR and never had any issues with it. The benefit of the Ole's riser is that is also relocated the bars more forwards then a regular block type riser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts