Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both tracks are identical except for the factory pre-studded ice ripper. I'm guessing it has 250 plus small studs built into the track cleats. Everyone I talk to loves the ripsaw, but I haven't talked to any ice ripper owners.
My thought is that if I get the ice ripper and if it still needs extra traction, then 96 studs should do just fine instead of at least 144 for the basic ripsaw track. If you own an ice ripper, tell me how you like it, what sled you have it on, and would you recommend it. thanks again...........tigger

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
BaddKitty has one on his 96 ZRT 600 and Scooter Magavin has one on his 96 ZRT 1000. Both love them, great traction and alot lighter than traditional studs. I have ridden the 600 and it definitly is solid in the corners and will pull the skis for 40-60 feet on take off.

Z-Rider

·
Registered
215 Posts
tiggershark,

only the original version of the iceripper can be studded. the newer version (with slightly longer studs) isn't as strong (to keep weight down) and was strongly advised not to stud the newer version. i emailed a guy named tom, a technological development technician from camoplast and got details from him to verify which version i had..
iceripper is a good improvement over an unstudded track, breaks better and provides better grip, but i missed the arm ripping hookup on ice/hardpack. i added 96 1.325 golddiggers and its perfect for me now, zero trackspin w/ 5K clutch engagement.
if you want to contact tom, pm me and i'll give you his email. he was helpful and replys to emails very quickly.

ed

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Ed is correct. You can't stud a iceripper. I got one on my Zr600 and it's awesome!! Stopping on the hardpacked snow and ice is excellent and the hookup is very nice. Since I put the track on the sled wants to wheelie cause of the grip!! Highly recommend this track.

RR

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an 05 ZR 900 and just tore a huge chunk out of my stock track with 120 studs in it and replaced it with a 1 1/4 ripsaw track. What a difference. The only time I noticed I needed studs was slowing down on ice covered roads. My buddies F7 snow pro used to pull away in snow until we really got moving, now I pull him out of the hole all the way up. Might put 96 double backer washers and studs in it for the last few weeks of riding but it works awesome the way it is .

·
Administrator
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a believer in studs so the ice ripper is out. It is a great idea though, 96 studs plus the 250 factory installed studs would be less weight than a rip saw w/ 144 studs.
Now I have another dilema, my buddy has a 1 inch hacksaw track install on a skidoo 670 and I rode it, it hooks up like crazy. I'm just gonna flip a coin. heads, hacksaw tails, ripsaw!!!!
Edsled, I tried to e-mail tom @ camoplast and it's not the right address, or he has a new address, so I just contacted the company's regular e-mail address, hopefully Monday they will get back to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had a ice ripper on my last sled, it will be my next track for my new sled. i have a ripsaw on now but spring riding will be no good till i get my ice ripper.
GREAT TRACK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.