Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 ZR 600 LE EFI. I am in a position to get a new Camoplast RipSaw 1.5" for a very low price Rockerdude . I want to make sure it fits my sled without any modifications (tunnel protectors, new idlers etc).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It will be set up with a stock 121" x 15"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know if there is any clearance restrictions on the 2002 ZR?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I'm running a 1.6" on my 02 ZR. Only thing I watch for is ice in the tunnel before heading out for the day. Too much buildup and a good chunk of ice will take out a lug. Common sense in my opinion.

Go for it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
i'm running a 1.5 x136 on my 02 zr800eficc with no problems. I think thats about the upper limit with out changing to 8 tooth drivers to gain some clearance. The problem i have seen putting in 8 tooths is the front arm of the suspention rubs the inside of the track so hard it tears up the inside of the track. You need to lower the suspension down i think to get a 2 inch under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. How do you like the 1.5" on hard pack. Is that a ripsaw as well? I do a mix of hardpack and powder riding. I wanted to be able to get aggressive in the powder yet dig nice in the hard pack.

Do you notice much performance loss with the larger track? The specs show this new Ripsaw I plan to use weighs 37 pounds. Does anyone know how much a stock 121x15x.87 weigh?

·
Registered
172 Posts
your stock track is gonna weight around the same, it depends on what it's made of, and how many clips the track has, there's 2 different kind of clip patterns, and they are clipped every hole, or every 3rd so obvisouly if it's clipped every 3rd it's gonna weight a little less cause it doesnt have all the metal but if every hole is clipped then it will be stronger

and no that is not a ripsaw in that picture, the tread pattern on a ripsaw is different then that,

ripsaw tracks are one of (if not the) best tracks on the market today and, and i got one on my zrt 600 and i do basically the same type of ridein as u say, hardpack and powder and being really aggressive, and i am very happy with the purchase, i get great hook-up on hte hard pack, and i havent got stuck in the powder yet

go for it man, im sure u will like it

·
Registered
240 Posts
No its not a ripsaw its a Intense model 9800. it only weights a couple more pounds than the stock 1.25 cross country cat track. every third hole is clipped i disaggree about every hold being clipped as stronger track. the way i see it the clips are are cutting holes in a solid track the less holes the stronger it is. That being said i think they must have plenty of strength to spare with the mountain guy punching a ton of holes to loose weight and let snow out. For the way i heard it the ripsaw 1.5 was geared for the guys that trail ride 75% and 25% off trail. The Intense 9800 1.5 like a 50/50 track. My friend is running a ripsaw 136x1.25 and its noticably better on hard pack compaired to the 9800 136x1.5 intense track.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys,

I have read that people lose top when when putting a larger luged track on. (Stock .87" replaced by a performance 1.5"). How is this so if the tracks weigh the same. Is it because the weight is located differently?!?!

Any Thoughts??

·
Registered
68 Posts
i will have to go with shuttlevalve on that the intens is an good track and no modds to get it to fit but i also weight my 121 and then the 136 and the 136 was lighter by 15# and gave me an better holeshot then the 121 1.3/8 studded snopro track.you shouldnt lose that much top end. here are pic of my snopro that i ride in the mountain it is realy light about 465# full of oil and fuel trying to get to 450# buy next year. troy

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts