Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Fall on a really cold morning, I was getting on my Cat and ripped the seat cover. The material is so thin that I think it just ripped...I dont think I every even came in contact with the area that ripped!! It was a 1" crack-like tear so I just fixed it when I got back with some AquaSeal that I use on my scuba suit...looked like crap though.

I checked the interenet and found a guy who makes boat seat covers and stuff out of high grade material (he also makes ATV seat covers):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/arctic-cat-...078643524QQrdZ1

Awesome seat cover...all I did was remove the staples underneath and take the old crappy cover off...it's amazing how cheap and thin they make it. The new one is perfectly fitting for your machine and you just follow the directions and staple it on (I used rustproof 3/8" staples). I couldn't get close enough with the stapler in some cases because the plastic is odd shaped so I started the staples witht the gun and then just took a tack hammer and finished them off. Here's the finished project:

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks Great!! :thumbsup: thumbguy Rockerdude
Does it seem like it's the same material or is it a heavier grade?

·
Registered
415 Posts
We just put one of them from john on our old 300, looks reallllllly good and was pretty easy to do. We got the camo on top though. Also have another one ordered for my V2 and it should be here monday or tuesday. Hes a great ebay seller so if you need one I would get one!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am calling him tomorrow morning !! i was looking for this thanks for the link i am thinking camo on top and lime green on the sides anyone seen this or think it will be UGLY???

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
great link boSS.... we thank you ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I ordered another one for my V2. He accidentally shipped the wrong one and before it got here he had emailed me saying he thinks its the wrong one. Called him back he shipped out the right one that day! Great guy to deal with and great product!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just noticed a rip in my seat, must be the cold weather. Do you have the guys web page address? Ebay removes items after so long.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Hey thanks for the link! looks like a well made product!

I didn't rip mine, but hated how hot the black seat got on the hotter summer days. so I replaced it. I ride stand-up full-time, but like to sit on the seat at the rest stops. So what I ended up doing is making a seat cover out of marine grade UV-proof, Cat lime green vinyl. It's also pliable and crack proof at temps down to -40C/F. $30 bucks got me enough vinyl for two seat covers, so now I have a spare! The stuff is much thicker than the thin-skin OEM vinyl, so I expect it to be more durable too. I should post pics, it might be another option, or maybe the person at your link can also offer them in Cat lime green for those who want to try something other than the black hotseat.

:chug:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know how to contact this individual? I also tried to follow the link and it has expired on ebay. I need a new seat cover, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Looks good!! I'm on my 2nd seat myself!! bang your head

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought a seat cover off ebay in late summer. well worth it. I am not sure if this is the same place but the one i got looked real similar with the stitching. also there are great color options i went with blue to match my color scheme. real durable material and easy to install.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Funny, I remember seeing multiple listings for seat covers on eBay.... Of course, when I rip my seat recently, I go on eBay and can't find a single listing.... I'm glad this old post was dug up, if anyone finds current contact info, please share!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have had to replace seats covers on a couple of motorcycles in the past. Most fabric stores or hobby stores will carry a decent thick vinyl. and a rainbow of colors.
Just starts stretching it over the seat and stapling. A hair dryer helps to get that perfect fit.
That said, if people are selling pre-cut/pre-shaped covers, that saves a bit of effort.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hidden Comfort Camo and Seating

Arctic Cat Seat Cover 400/500/650(2005 & up)

This auction is for black/ CAMO seat cover . CAMO PATTERNS ARE IN THE PICS. Thanks for looking

Seat Covers - All of our seat covers are custom fit . The covers are top stitched and made of top quality marine grade vinyl which is -20 degree cold crack resistant, mildew resistant, and abrasion resistant. Very easy to install. They basically fit themselves, just pull around and staple!! We have many vinyl colors to choose from and also camo fabric.

The camo fabric is a durable and strong polyester water resistant material.Camo covers come with 1/4 inch foam sewn into the center panel.

All covers are cut and sewn to the shape of the seat !

Contact us at [email protected] or call John at 814-353-1338

I just posted a copy of his ad on ebay, all good reviews. I will share more information after I receive it and put it on. Seems he has seat covers for about every make and model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts