Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running them? I pulled out the sled a couple weeks back to run and clean it, and install new scratchers. Carbides are definitely not making it through another season, (just over 400 miles..... really Cat?) And I'm torn between traditional carbides and Snowtrackers. I really like the design of the Snowtrackers, and I feel among all the options they are my best bet to eliminate darting, and with that deep, deep carbide theoretically should last a few years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Snow trackers will last for years and years. You just have to be aware they really bite hard. Steering effort is increased too. That said I'm completely satisfied with mine. I bought the sled with them 4 years ago and they still are in great condition. I fully expect these to last the life of the sled. (i don't ride when it's crappy 1" of snow either)

Steve

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll ride in poor conditions....(as most of this past winter was) but generally there's "enough" snow. That said.... my only real worry with these is packing or getting rocks stuck in them like dooleys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Never had a rock stuck in one yet. I guess it could happen but our main riding area is the Laurel Highlands. It's nothing but rocks there. We call it "rock riding" when the snow conditions suffer.

Steve

·
Registered
581 Posts
You'll know when a rock gets in them........Handle like crap. That being said, between my wife and I, we have 40,000 miles or so on snow trackers and maybe have had rocks stuck five or six times........Snowtrackers are by far the best carbides for all combinations of conditions.........Some others are better for one condition or another, but overall, snowtrackers can handle all conditions very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts