Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on a trip to tug hill. Just bought sled. My girlfriend is coming too, and I just softened all the shocks as advised and the triangle adjuster is all the way soft. Will this be ok? I weigh 210, she is 140. Anyone ride 2 up with any suggestions? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
with all the shocks and blocks set to soft you will bottom out easily! Ride and adjust stiffer as needed, if it were me i would start stiff and adjust softer to smooth out the ride, less adjusting that way

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea I would tighted up the rear suspension all the way. I bet u will still bottom out. Expect 3 foot moguls if your anywhere in the high traffic areas of the hill

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just up there a week ago for my 1st time, I have a 05 F7, and I would not wanna ride 2up on that sled, there are moguls. But if you stay the night and head out early in the morning, like 8 O'Clock the trails are nice and groomed, Let me know how you make out w/ the 2up riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 90 lb gf and i at 160 ride 2-up on my F7, all suspension as soft as they go on a non-snopro and we very very rarely bottom out, about once every hundred miles, riding around 45-50 mph.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I've ridden 2 up on my firecat w my ex to go to the house from the trailhead and get the truck to retreive his broke down zr. Even for that short trip, it sucked. Would be best if you could round up a sled for her to use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasnt too bad...I stiffeded them back up. We did 170 miles I. Southern tug. From alder creek up to high market area. Tons of fun. Then we fell through the ice. Not fun. Its so cold up here still. My firecat is a block of ice after tow company got it out. Thank god for the firemen and paramedics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts