Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew it would be, but it's going to be awesome to have my brother have a bike. We went out for a decent ride yesterday, took him on some trails near my place. They cut out a bunch of cedar on some of the land, and I thought it would be a good place to show Nate some of the stuff these bikes can climb over etc. We had a riot, but it was COLD!

I think he had a lot of fun, it will only get better. He has rode before on my father-in-laws bike and he seems quite comfortable on the bike (but not stupid or overconfident).

Heres a couple pics, one showing the treads on those Dunlops, kind of similar to mud lites, but more of a checkmark style in the center.

We cut some trails on this type of terrain, then rode other trails/roads for the rest of the day:
[attachment=61353:100_4153.JPG]

Tread pattern on Dunlops:
[attachment=61354:100_4154.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
That's a better looking stock tire than I've seen in the past. It almost resembles a Mudlite style design! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice pics!!!!....I remember the days here in Mass. when we could ride all year long if there wasnt enough snow (7" or more by law) for sledding. My sleds are sitting idle now (no snow here) and so are my quads...what a bummer!!!.....The geek squad environmentalists just want you sitting in the house and getting fat!!! They say you hurt the trails....WTF!!!...the trails are FROZEN!!!...this is a GREAT time to be riding and exploring. Lots of trees have fallen across the trails and it would be a great time to clear them. Oh well, I can only continue my fight to keep the trails open year round (with the exception of snow and mud) but it's geting tougher and tougher!!!

Thanks for your pics!...it reminds me of how much fun I used to have riding during lean snow years like this :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mississippicat @ Jan 21 2007, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How well do those stockers perform?[/b]
Early to tell (only about 60 kms on them), but they seem to work ok. I really think they are going to be a lot better than the Carlisles Cat used to use. I did notice the backs are an inch narrower than the tires that came on my 05 (10's ipo 11's). We were in some mud, snow, water and a little ice and his tires seemed to perform quite well.

Nate was trying to pull a donut on his bike in the snow and it was a lot wider than the donut I could cut, my tires also have 2500kms on them though too. We meant to compare suspension settings when we got home and didn't get to it, but I have a feeling it's cause his tires were gripping so much better than mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts