Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just wanting some advice. I understand this to be a Arctic Cat place, but other points are welcome. I rode a 2005 m7 at St. Helens over the break, and let me tell you what a difference the sleds are of today. If I buy one someday, why the Arctic cat over the Summit,Polaris, etc. I like the hills. Trails are fine but climbing is my thing on the dirt bike also.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackscreek @ Jan 2 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello all. Just wanting some advice. I understand this to be a Arctic Cat place, but other points are welcome. I rode a 2005 m7 at St. Helens over the break, and let me tell you what a difference the sleds are of today. If I buy one someday, why the Arctic cat over the Summit,Polaris, etc. I like the hills. Trails are fine but climbing is my thing on the dirt bike also.[/b]

For me its simple.
I like the Cat rider position.
The power to weight ratio.
Great handling.
Bullet proof motors ( most of them )
And my dealer treats me pretty well to.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Take your time and demo sleds. A good dealer will work with you and you can make up your own mind. That's what I did and ended up with a leftover '06 M-7.

Good luck!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I ride ac doo and yami pretty much have sold the yamahas off
yamaha good reliable but usualy heavy with moderate power or light and under powered with crap suspensions

doo a good sled enjoy my mach z but its my ditch sled

arctic cat killer hp to weight ratio reliability and more options open for modding cats than other sleds imo

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Never had the experience of riding Mountain sleds myself even though I'd like to try one someday. If you had rode the M7...How happy or pleased were you as a rider is the question you'll have to ask yourself.

Like one said, Try different brand, dealer and see if they'd let you take one out as a demo so you can compare one and another before your final decision on purchasing.

Extremely happy with all of the Arctic Cats I've owned over the years. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 3 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Never had the experience of riding Mountain sleds myself even though I'd like to try one someday. If you had rode the M7...How happy or pleased were you as a rider is the question you'll have to ask yourself.

Like one said, Try different brand, dealer and see if they'd let you take one out as a demo so you can compare one and another before your final decision on purchasing.

Extremely happy with all of the Arctic Cats I've owned over the years. :D[/b]

I was very happy with the 05 M7. It seemed very stable, fast, and would do what I wanted it to do. I was a bit concerned at first about turning though. I had not ridden a sled since maybe 1997. That was a Summit 500 or 600. Anyway it was really unstable. It seemed like it wanted to role on me. Like it would catch a older track from another rider and lean really bad. Maybe that was my fault though. I assume a Mountain sled will not handle like a trail racer though, Right? Overall it was pretty dang sweet. I am really interested in the Ski doo though if it hadles better now. The design is so slim and stealth looking. I also heard a long time ago thatthe Ski-doo's have the best engine. What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackscreek @ Jan 3 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am really interested in the Ski doo though if it hadles better now. The design is so slim and stealth looking. I also heard a long time ago thatthe Ski-doo's have the best engine. What are your thoughts.[/b]
In regards to your Ski-Doo interests and questions, I can not answer except that I read that Ski-Doo's were prone to engine blow-ups and pistons/rings problems. Hey, All brands have had their share of problems, Correct ?.

If you're interested in reading more about Ski-Doo's...Go over to DooTalk.com and ask them the same questions you posted on here.

Good Luck,

AB :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts