Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got any tips on rewinding recoils, I can do it but it takes a while and is a pain :moon: just wondering if theres a easier way? :sos:

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
There a piece of cake to do, I did have a post on here for them somewhere, anyway the easiest way I know is once you have it removed from the engine is to pull it all the way out and use C vise-grips (not to much press. it will break) or hold it with your thumb and cut your handle off and thread the new rope in the recoil first and then to the handle and then back on the sled it is. If the rope has broke I rewind the spring until it stops and then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it should line the rope holes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
After TRYING to rewind mine (because the knot came untied in the handle) and breaking the spring, I bought a replacement off Craigslist.......that was easy! :Bangin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 18 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There a piece of cake to do, I did have a post on here for them somewhere, anyway the easiest way I know is once you have it removed from the engine is to pull it all the way out and use C vise-grips (not to much press. it will break) or hold it with your thumb and cut your handle off and thread the new rope in the recoil first and then to the handle and then back on the sled it is. If the rope has broke I rewind the spring until it stops and then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it should line the rope holes.[/b]
Thanks alot man the vise grips work wonders for me. :D Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Glad it worked for you. Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts