Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier this summer that the reverse on both of my sleds was acting up, in fact when I started them a few times this summer reverse wouldn't work on either one. My sleds are stored in an enclosed trailer, clean and dry. (1800+ miles) Now, with no explanation 1 of the sleds work, the other still does not.
So I took them to the dealer that I bought them from to have them checked out. He reports back that on the sled that doesn't work that the Chasis Control Unit is cooked. ($230 part) BTW, this dealer has cancelled his CAT dealership as of yesterday. So, I called another CAT dealer that is actually a lot closer to my location to get his opinion. He says, no way, can't be the Chasis Control Unit because if that was cooked your gauges wouldn't work, and the headlight would not flash when you hit the reverse button. This dealer said to start the sled, and hold the reverse button for 20 seconds and it will reboot itself and then it should work. Guess what? tried that, didn't work, unless there is some step that he left out.
Right now my plan is to drop the sleds off at this other dealer so that he can take a look.
Anyone got any ideas? I dunno

·
Registered
386 Posts
Prolly just a bad solenoid... but, when i changed the fluid in my 08 last year, a small piece of metal washed out. Had the dealer look at it - some kinda bushing came apart. Because the reverse on these sleds (08 and older) is "mechanical", it could be anything... let them tear the DD apart and see what's wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 2007's were notorious for the wire harness connector at the solenoid not retaining good connection! Try ty-wrapping it securely in place...it worked on BOTH of my 2007's.
good luck.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is the wrench light coming on when it fails to engage? My 07 z1 had a servo motor issue the first year. When I pushed the rev. button, sometimes the wrench light would come on, and stay on until I shut off the sled, but the rev would not engage unless I tapped on the servo with a screwdriver handle. If the wrench light comes on, the ccu and the switch are doing their job, but the servo isn't doing it's job. You could unplug the servo, and check for 12 volts at the connector, when pushing the button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a problem with the reverse on my 07 crossfire 600. It would only work occasionally. It was still covered by warranty so I let the dealer figure out the problem. They pulled the DD apart to check everything out and changed the servo which didnt solve the problem. It ended up being the handlebar switch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on the reverse issue. Stopped at the local AC dealer this morning on my way to work.
He checked everything out, voltage, etc. and the problem seems to be possible moisture in the Servo Motor. Tapped it once, and now it works fine. Clicked it in and out several times. Dealer said that even though it is stored inside the trailer over the summer, could have been tapped moisture from the last spring ride. It was a pretty warm ride that day. No jacket, just a T-Shirt.
I plan to pull the motors this w/e and see if there is any way to service them, dry out, etc.. while changing the DD oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts