·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Who woulda thought???
Good to hear you got it now

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
It isn't like you mess with them everyday. Just get out and enjoy it now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. On to the next phase of the project... new springs for the rear skid, lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
If your over 230 don't buy round ones. Buy the square ones. Much better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A hair to late on the square spring tip, already bought the 066/067 set. Pretty good deal on them, too.

Decided to send out all 4 shocks to have them redone. Hopefully just seals and oil/ charge. Ordered some new bearings for the bogey wheels, they all spin freely but I feel a few have too much movement. Ordered new spring retainers and adjustment blocks as well.

Only thing left it's new limiting straps, one is almost worn through. Haven't decided if I want to do sliders just yet, they have about half life left to them.

Hopefully will have the skid back together by the end of next week. Maybe the week after. Then comes the fun of trying to reinstall it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I find its best to do it all while I have the skid out. However, that being said, I find I end up taking my skid out every off season for some reason or another. I also like the peace of mind, going over everything and making sure everything is sound. Those skids take a beating.
I used aftermarket limiter straps when mine wore out. No issues with the aftermarket ones, they've been in there for a few seasons.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I find its best to do it all while I have the skid out. However, that being said, I find I end up taking my skid out every off season for some reason or another. I also like the peace of mind, going over everything and making sure everything is sound. Those skids take a beating.
I used aftermarket limiter straps when mine wore out. No issues with the aftermarket ones, they've been in there for a few seasons.
I get it.... makes sense.... Just hurts right in the wallet. Shocks will be $240-400 depending on how bad they are, looks like another $220 for the rest of the skid parts. But, like you said.... it makes sense to do it now rather mid season.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
We pay about 45-55 bucks a shock for rebuilds around here. If I were you , I'd of shopped around. There are cheaper places to get them rebuilt. Holy cow. Even the 240 is pricey.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
I paid only 80 bucks for 2 front Sabercat shocks last year. Seals and oil only required. The guy is well known in southern Manitoba. It would definitely be more if major parts are needed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I shopped around a bit, only place I found cheaper was only $5 less, but the guy had no formal business page, no reviews, nothing legitimate. I went with a guy whos semi- local and has a legitimate business, great reviews, etc. He seemed a little high, I'll admit, but I'd rather pay more to have them done right than ship them to some meth head never to be seen again.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts