·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It would me handy thats for sure.
Would it work on an AC

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I can't see what that is, but it's likely just a jumper. The button is just a switch, so if you tie the two lines together and bypass the switch, then the circuit is constantly closed.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Mar 6 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can't see what that is, but it's likely just a jumper. The button is just a switch, so if you tie the two lines together and bypass the switch, then the circuit is constantly closed.[/b]
I think that's all it is Todd. Just a switch, a wire and two crimp conectors. The switch would just allow normal (open) operation, or override (closed).

Jay

·
Registered
140 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 5 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would it work on an AC[/b]
You've already got one. AC puts them on all Auto models. It's the yellow button on the left. The reverse overide butoon does the same thing as what this item on ebay does. It "overides" the rev limiter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand what it does, I was more wondering if it is worth bothering with and more importantly would it cause any issues or damage to the machine?

·
Registered
330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigbadbikerdan @ Mar 6 2007, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 5 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've already got one. AC puts them on all Auto models. It's the yellow button on the left. The reverse overide butoon does the same thing as what this item on ebay does. It "overides" the rev limiter.
[/b][/quote]

I think what they're asking is if there is a way to bypass it completely. So you don't have to worry about holding the button in when you are trying to back up in a mudhole or whatever.

·
Registered
140 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic4x4 @ Mar 6 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigbadbikerdan @ Mar 6 2007, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 5 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

I think what they're asking is if there is a way to bypass it completely. So you don't have to worry about holding the button in when you are trying to back up in a mudhole or whatever.

[/b][/quote]

Then all you need to do is bypass the button altogether. If the button disconnect the circuit, then disconnect the wires. If the button connects the circuit, then disconnect the wires and connect them to each other.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gots a Yammy Grizzly. The auction was for an item to add a reverse rev limiter override to the dif lock override button on the 2007 Grizzly 700 FI.

I just got the bike today. I put 9km on it, all with the plow still attached and suspension not dialed in yet. Pushing snow arround, I hit the limiter quite easily in reverse several times so I think I'll try one of these out, after my first service.

I love this bike already. Trying to break it in somewhere between the book and motoman's suggestions and keeping the plow on seems to keep me in check. It pushes snow like a champ and thus far I don't see any need for chains (or 4x4 for that matter) for the snow task. I need to get the front suspension dialed up however as she takes quite a dip when lifting the plow so I'm not getting much lift on it so to speak for knocking down the piles.

My last quad was a Rancher 400 and I honestly didn't like it. This thing is miles beyond it already and the electroic steering is really great.

I looked long and hard at a 700 FI Cat, could have had a better deal but at the end of the day, I wanted the Grizzly for some reason. I hope I don't get black listed as this is a great board ;-) And I still have a Cat sled (for now - that new Nytro is appealing ;-) ).

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You won't get black listed at all. We absolutely love people like you because it lets us test out our winches when we bail you out of the slew we just went through in 2WD. :) lol In all seriousness, the Grizz is a fine machine. I don't like how the machine feels when I'm on it, but that's just a personal thing. Reliability-wise, I think they are a good product. My neighbor and buddy each have a 660 Grizz and they like them fine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
concerning this topic about the overide......does anyone else have the same problem as me...? when i get stuck going forward and go to reverse and hit the button it sometimes does not kick in the overide and slip the belt if locked and all wheels are grabbing, once it does kicks in its okay, i just wish could get it so that don't have to press it all the time.....has anyone by passed the button??? this happened a couple times today while i was playing in the spring snow, good traction and got stuck and had to go back and forth to get out, now i can tell my belt is burnt and will need to be replaced...this has happened a few times in the summer, but since i put the clutch kit it has been good until today.

·
Registered
110 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sask900efi1m @ Mar 8 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
concerning this topic about the overide......does anyone else have the same problem as me...? when i get stuck going forward and go to reverse and hit the button it sometimes does not kick in the overide and slip the belt if locked and all wheels are grabbing, once it does kicks in its okay, i just wish could get it so that don't have to press it all the time.....has anyone by passed the button??? this happened a couple times today while i was playing in the spring snow, good traction and got stuck and had to go back and forth to get out, now i can tell my belt is burnt and will need to be replaced...this has happened a few times in the summer, but since i put the clutch kit it has been good until today.[/b]
I know on my 700EFI, even when you press the bypass button, it just jumps the rev limiter to a higher RPM, but still limits the revs. This is a major PITA when trying to back up out of a stuck, because in reverse the bike just sits there and won't even spin the tires. I am thinking that if you did bypass the switch the best you will do is to have a higher rev limit. VDI says their box bypasses this, but 5 bills is quite a bit just to avoid the rev limit.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Something was going on with my reverse limiter when the ATV was still young. In the beginning I thought it worked... Revs were limited until you hit that button.

It had to go back to the dealership for its first service... My dealer mentioned the reverse limiter didn't work, and he would have to repair it next time the ATV was in. I told him not to waste his time... He said something about it potentially being a liaibility issue and has to fix it. But he must've forgot. My ATV has been in a few times since and it has not been fixed!

Doesn't matter now anyway... I'm using the VDI CopperHead ignition system, I think it is designed to eliminate the reverse rpm limiter completley anyway.

I don't miss it. I don't need it. And even if it worked, I'm sure I wished it didn't! I'd have hot-wired/disabled it by now if things turned out differently.

:chug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts